In the Name of Jesus
Questions from pages 23-27 continued
By Bestowal- Chapter 4
- Paul’s prayer was not just for the church at Ephesus only. It was as Spirit -given prayer, it belongs to all SAINTS everywhere. The idea of “working the Scriptures” like some formula is offensive to me; but look at the prayer in Ephesians 1:17-23 again: get the revelation, accept our position, understand the power of His name and our authority in using this knowledge leads to prayers that are answered. Got to wrap my head around this power of attorney authority. We get to use the name HE has been given. He gave it (bestowed it) to us! According to Anne Graham Lotz in her book The Daniel Prayer, praying the Word is “reverse thunder.”
- According to Ephesians 1:22, why did God seat Jesus in the highest place in the universe, at His own (R) hand? The Right Hand of God is vitally important. It shows high rank, equal honor, equal dignity, equal authority, total equality. God set Jesus on His right hand for the church, the Bride of Christ.
- Jesus’ name has been given to us, the church. What do those rights entitle us to?
ALL that Christ has. (list found in question #3 from 9/11/16 post)
- How do you get the revelation of the workings of Jesus name?
By appropriating His name in faith as we use His name a.) against our enemies, b.) in our petitions, c.) in our praise and worship, and d.) daily walk of obedience.
- Sooner or later, what the Word of God is saying will dawn on your heart, on your spirit, down on the inside of you!
Illustration of John the Beloved reclining on Jesus at the Last Supper asking Jesus to reveal who would betray Jesus. Jesus answered John’s question because of the relationship they enjoyed. (John 13:21-28) The closeness John and Jesus shared is available to us and it is this closeness that provides the insight we need to understand all Jesus has made available to us through His name. If you have not yet grasped this, fret not, stay close, He will reveal it to you at just the right time!
Heaven, earth, and hell recognize our position in Christ. Why don’t we? (R) hand of God is vitally important. It shows high rank, equal honor, equal dignity, equal authority, total equality. And Jesus has seated us at His right hand.. (Matthew 25:33) Does this not knock your socks off? It does mine.
“If God said it, you can expect it. Don’t expect to figure out how He did it.”
“The name of the LORD Jesus is not a God coercion, arm-twisting, name it and claim it, genie in a bottle incantation, entitlement to me and mine. We don’t know all the answers to why some people are healed and some are not. (David’s infant son, Paul’s thorn, some of our own). But this we do know. God’s Word is the last word! What He says in His Word He will do. It is up to us as believers to take God at His Word and walk with our eyes on Him through whatever the devil brings across our path. We have His Word and His Name! The Apostles used His name and authority to prove who He is. These same men took up a cross and were beheaded, stoned, jailed, boiled in oil, exiled, and crucified.” “To use His name is a profound, passionate, pure tool in our God-given tool box. It is for others, not just ourselves.” (I apologize to the original authors. I failed to note who said it when journaling.)
Power of Prayer-Claiming Your Legal Rights by Dr. Tony Evans. (you tube)
Revelation 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.