Sept. 11, 2016
In The Name of Jesus
No Other Name by Sandi Patty
Questions for pages 23-27 Chapter Four: By Bestowal
Definition of bestowal: to present as a gift; to put to use; to apply
Seven words are used in the Hebrew to give meaning to this word bestowal: endow, dowry, to put, to place, to give, deposit, to give a blessing; In the Greek, the idea is of being freely given or to place around.
- Briefly express what Philippians 2:9-11 tells us about the name of Jesus.
- God exalted Him (Jesus)
- Name above every name
- Every knee shall bow
- Every tongue will confess
A, B, and C express the royalty and dominion of Christ. Confession means to speak the same thing, to agree with God, admit our need. To hear the name of Jesus brings a physical, psychological response as we bow, acknowledge, and confess. Confession is not seeking forgiveness but it is agreeing with God (Truth) about the person and finished work of Jesus on the Cross. Its deepest meaning is to concede, to declare openly and freely.
- What are the three worlds?
- Under the earth
- What did Paul pray for the church at Ephesus? Ephesians 1:17-23
Paul prayed for the eyes of our spirits would be enlightened to things of God. This included:
- Spirit of wisdom
- Revelation of knowledge of Him
- Understanding of the hope we have in Christ
- Wealth of His heritage ( Matthew 25:34, James 2:5, Romans 8:17, Galatians 4:7, Colossians 1:12)
- Surpassing greatness of His power
- Resurrection of the dead
- Everything is under the feet of Jesus and He is head over all (seated in heavenly places at the Father’s right hand