Daniel 10:12 “Then said he unto me, Fear not, Daniel; for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words.” (KJV)
FAITHFULNESS COUNTS!!!! God responds when His faithful ones call out to Him! Good to know! Super motivation ‘cause I need Him to hear and come! This swimming upstream is difficult…………..
What does faithfulness entail?
- Love the LORD with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength. (Luke 10:27)
- Love others as you love yourself (Matthew 22:39)
- Do not take the LORD’s name in vain-His name is HOLY (Exodus 20:7- #53)
- Be holy as He is holy (I Peter 1:16)
- As much as is within you, live in peace with others (Romans 12:18)
- Render to Caesar what is Caesar’s and to God what is God’s (Mark 12:17)
- Seek 1st the kingdom of God and His righteousness and then all things will be added into you. (Matthew 6:33)
Daniel prayed three times per day, fasted, kept the Sabbath, refused to put the king above the God of Heaven, kept the ordinances of the Jewish law, and he put his life on the line for his faith in Yahweh. He was faithful. Everyday.
One fish swimming upstream. God noticed Daniel’s faithfulness and He rewarded his faithfulness by calling him by his name, protecting his life, and Daniel found favor and was held in high esteem by the Holy God of Heaven and his peers, and even those who were in earthly authority over him.
Be faithful to the LORD and He will honor your faithfulness with His favor. He hears our petitions! He knows our names! We are not lost in the sea of faces. He knows the direction we have chosen to swim! He will come to us!
Just keep swimming! And enjoy the colors along the way!